Granddad Lodge
March 28, 2024, 10:00:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Is your buck in the Top 20 Utah?

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Login Register   *
GAME SERVERS IP ADDRESS
Granddad(GDL)
82.38.59.231  Open 24/7
Please use ENGLISH when talking on server thank u.

HI IF ANY ONE INCLUDING NON MEMBERS KILL A WR. EXPORT IT AND SEND IT IN AND WE WILL POST IT ON WEBSITE. SEND TO EITHER EMAILS ON FRONT WEBSITE.

DH2005 GAME SERVER IP.. 82.38.59.231 IS OPEN TO ALL .
SEE IF YOU CAN BEAT THE SCORE ON SCREEN AND GET YOUR  KILL UP THERE FOR THE DAY. SCORE RESETS MIDNIGHT.

Hi if your dh2005 v 1.2 does not play full screen replace aspen. dll and stags head in game folder, with aspen .dll and stags head in the patch found in downloads.

HI WE HAVE SAT NIGHT HUNTS FROM 7PM UK TIME USING 5 STANDARD MAPS.
IF YOU WANT TO JOIN IN PLEASE DO SO.
WE ALSO HAVE WEEKLY COMPETITIONS FOR FUN, ANY IDEAS WELCOME. MEMBERSHIP  AND DOWNLOADS ARE  FREE.
MEMBERSHIP IS JUST A FEW SIMPLE STEPS .
THANK YOU FROM ALL AT (GDL).

Newest file
Jan 300

Uploaded by granddad
( October 27, 2020, 09:12:01 pm)
Downloads/Views: 1874 / 13503

Google Search
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:00:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER OF GDL

We are looking for members to keep the game running it's FREE just email grahammerrifield@gmail.com or granddad.graham@gmail.com to say u would like to join. game servers are open 24/7,  
                                  Game sever ip is 82.38.59.231
  FEE to play on so come and see if you can get your name up in light's with best kill.Hope to see u soon.                                                                                                                        
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DH 2005 Editor extra Character Error when loading objects  (Read 9435 times)
DanthemanBoone
GDL Team Member
Fawn

« on: June 05, 2017, 12:46:45 am »

I do believe I have finally solved the dreaded extra character bug that has been causing
problems for many of our map makers, and that has resulted in many giving up on their
map making efforts.

Specifically it is a conflict between the editor and the apple softwares.
particularly I believe, to do with the predictive text system on phones and tablets.

With Win8 and Win10 and with some Win7 Operating Systems the apple i tunes and its
accompanying software is pre-installed as part of the basic O.S .system.

My Win7 O.S. did not come with Apple programs, but because I have a tablet I downloaded
I tunes and its sister programs along with Syncios in order to be able to move files and
Apps between the storage cards on the tablet. Even with an android system i tunes is
required along with a file manager to do this,( by connecting the tablet to a computer to
move the files fron one storage card to another within the tablets system ).

After installing the apple software I started having the extra character bug while trying
to load objects in the DH2005 editor file browser. Up untill then my editor had been running

fine.

The solution was not immediately obvious to me, as I did not attempt to make a map for
almost a month after the install but after struggling through two subsequent maps, using the
tricks I had developed in Win10 ( Unfortunately they dont work every time )
I decided to look back and see what programs I had installed that might have caused the

problem.

Between the date of the last succesful run with the editor and when the problen started I

found
only the Apple software had been installed.

So in a fit of rage and frustration I ripped out anything with Apple inc as publisher, from

my
progams and features list.

And now my DH2005 Editor is running perfectly again. ( I.E. as well as any DH2005 editor

will
ever run anyway ).

So, If you are having or had this problem with your DH2005 editor you might try this

solution.
You could try uninstalling each apple product separately to find out if it is specifically

one
of their 4 programs, but honestly, who cares, who needs Apple software on a win computer

anyway.

uninstall instructions here
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204275

Works For me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 14526162